Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cucumber Dill Canapés

Here's a tasty little appetizer that is nice and light and summer-y. Chris's Aunt Bernice and cousin Gill often make these or something like them when they come to visit. I saw this recipe the other day on Tasty Kitchen and thought I'd give it a try to use up the cucumber in my fridge. I made one slight modification, which was to use those Grisol toasted baguette rounds rather than fresh bread because I wanted some crunch. Oh, and I halved the recipe here because the whole recipe makes like a million. I'm still eating the (delicious!) leftovers for lunch two days later. If you like dill, you'll like this recipe. Here it is:

Cucumber Dill Canapés
From Tasty Kitchen

Ingredients:
Half of an 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
1-2 tbsp dry Italian style salad dressing mix
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 box baguette rounds or melba toast rounds
1 whole cucumber, sliced

Instructions:
1. In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, dressing mix, dill weed, and mayonnaise.
2. Spread a thin layer of the mixture on each slice of bread and top with a slice of the cucumber. Cucumber can be cut into thin strips instead of slices when it’s for something fancy with a carrot peeler.
3. Sprinkle with some additional dill and serve.


Pairs nicely with fingers and a cocktail napkin.

6 comments:

  1. A pretty and tasty appetizer... yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a crunchy piece of bread is a perfect to put those on

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great canape! Perfect for the plentiful supply of cucumbers now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dill...this looks so fresh and tasty. Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great will try soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, are you telling me you forgot how old you are or didn't know?? That's hilarious! I wasn't sure how to best contact you, so decided to comment on these little guys because they make hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.