Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint

I made a salad with watermelon, mint, green beans, and halloumi cheese a while ago, which was pretty tasty. I've heard many people sing the praises of watermelon and feta, so I decided to give it a try. I stuck with the mint, and I made a dressing with oil, honey, and lime.

What a fantastic salad. I ate it all and then had to go back to the kitchen and make it all over again. It was bright and summery--the perfect balance of sweet and salty with the..... minty-ness(?) of mint. I would eat this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert all in the same day. It's truly fantastic. Seriously. You should probably go make this right now.

Here's the recipe:

Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint
Serves 2

Ingredients:
4 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 big handful fresh mint, chopped

Instructions:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, salt and pepper.
2. Whisk in oil.
3. Toss crumbled feta in dressing and pour over watermelon.
4. Finish with a generous sprinkling of chopped mint.


Pairs nicely with being home alone so you don't have to share the delicious salad.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah that is a great summer salad....I wonder if they'll be watermelon at the farmers market this morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have everything I need on hand to make this. You're the 2nd blogger I've seen in 2 days post something similar w/ watermelon & feta. The combo kinda creeps me out, but I bet its good if everyone's writing about it :) I'll have to get brave & try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watermelon, feta and mint make a wonderful and unlikely flavor combination. I love this summer salad. Thanks for reminding me to make this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I would have never thought of that combination, but sounds like it would totally work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.