Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Snazzy Egg Salad

This is a fancied-up egg salad from Jill's Test Kitchen that I found via Tasty Kitchen. It's a neat way to make a sometimes uninspired recipe a lot more interesting. This would be lovely for a fancy event where you would find crustless sandwiches. On the other hand, it could be a weeknight supper, if you're like me and don't attend a lot of crustless-sandwich events.

Here's the recipe:

Snazzy Egg Salad
From Jill's Test Kitchen

Ingredients:
4 whole hard boiled eggs, peeled
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp dried cranberries
1 tbsp minced shallot
2 tbsp pine nuts
1 tsp chopped fresh mint
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions:
1. Separate cooked egg whites from yolks. Add whites and three yolks to bowl.
2. Add mustard and yogurt and mash into eggs.
3. Stir in cranberries, nuts, herbs, and salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning.
4. Serve egg salad on toast, in pita pockets or any other bread.


Pairs nicely with a cup of tea.

5 comments:

  1. First of all, I love the word "snazzy". It is not used enough in the English language. :) Second, since I am an egg FIEND I am just drooling over this recipe. I love pine nuts and have never though of adding them into eggs. The only modification I would make is to leave out the cranberries since my hubby hates dried fruit (sad!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before becoming addicted to Coastal Cafe's poached eggs on maple-syrup-drizzled baguettes, I only like eggs in two forms: scrambled and frittataed. Deviled eggs? Creepy. Fried eggs? Ick. But this recipe may just be the one to convert me into an egg salad lover. Especially if you make it for me. I'll come up with a crustless-sandwich event just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had egg salad for so long... now I am craving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jannette, just seeing you is a crustless-sandwich worthy event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks for the link! I like what you did with the recipe. Mint is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.