Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ricotta Peaches

 Here's a recipe that has become a go-to when I have company coming. It's Proud Italian Cook's
roasted peaches with amaretto ricotta and it is heavenly. Even people who don't like peaches enjoy this dish. I guess it's hard not to like something that's slathered in booze-soaked, sugary cheese. Proud Italian Cook's recipe calls for additional garnishes of sliced almonds, honey, and candied orange peel. I've done it this way, and it's delicious, but sometimes I skip the orange peel if I'm in a hurry and add strawberries or blueberries. If you felt like it, I bet you could add all three.

One of the things I like about this dessert is that it can go a long way. You could serve up to 8 people with the recipe below if you had a hefty dinner and didn't want a big dessert. This makes it a pretty affordable option. On the other hand, I could eat the entire recipe below by myself given the chance....

I can't stress enough how important it is that you try this. It's that good.

Here's the recipe:

Roasted Peaches with Amaretto Ricotta
From Proud Italian Cook

Ingredients:
4 peaches, halved and stoned (hee hee hee)
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tub ricotta cheese, drained
2-4 tbsp granulated sugar
2-4 tbsp Amaretto liqueur (Disarono)
½ cup sliced almonds (toasted if you want)
4-6 tbsp honey
Candied orange peel (optional)
Blueberries (optional)
Raspberries (optional)

Instructions:
1. Mix drained ricotta in a bowl with sugar and amaretto to taste. Refrigerate
2. Place peaches cut side down on a baking sheet.
3. Rub with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon, and brown sugar.
4. Roast for 20 minutes at 400°F.
5. Stir candied orange peel into ricotta if using.
6. Serve peaches topped with ricotta mixture and sprinkle with sliced almonds and fruit and drizzle with honey.


Pairs nicely with the need for an easy and impressive dessert.

4 comments:

  1. It looks stunning! Seems juicy and delicious :)Peach is a perfect fruit for any dessert, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ricotta. Can't wait to try this !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what a wonderful sounding dessert. I don't think I've ever ha anything like it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.