Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Maple Walnut Arugula Salad

Here's a great salad I made for supper the other night. Maple syrup and walnut oil make a great vinaigrette. The sweetness of the grapes and vinaigrette is contrasted with the peppery arugula and tart goat cheese, and homemade sour dough croutons add a nice crunch. We really enjoyed this and made it again the next day for lunch. Give it a try!

Maple Walnut Arugula Salad
Ingredients:

Salad:
6 cups arugula
1 cup seedless grapes, halved
1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
1 cup day-old sour dough bread cut into cubes
1 tbsp olive oil

Vinaigrette:
3 tbsp walnut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp rice vinegar
Freshly cracked white pepper, to taste
Kosher salt, to taste

Instructions:
1. Toss bread cubes with olive oil and bake at 400F for ten minutes or until golden.
2. Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
3. Toss arugula with vinaigrette and top with remaining ingredients.


Pairs nicely with a glass of Chardonnay.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry, just posted a comment full of grammatical mistakes, so must start over! :)
    I'm beginning to think we are foodie soul mates! This salad is totally up my alley and I have baby arugula sitting in my fridge right now. I've never used walnut oil, it sounds delicious.
    Another reason I know we are destined to be good friends: I'm totally lusting after the Kitchen Aid Mixer right now too and have been wanting one for over 2 years. I am hoping maybe this Christmas...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I never thought of maple syrup in a dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goat cheese and sourdough bread?!? Sold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a lovely salad...love the idea of grapes and the dressing with maple syrup sure sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely salad !idea of grapes ,cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.